Provide specialized technical support to Econolite’s customers, account managers, field support representatives, and channel partners/distributors for its Traffic Controller and Cabinet products. Work closely with the technical field support team of customer care professionals, and be the dedicated liaison between this support team and Engineering. Investigate and resolve field issues, analyze and troubleshoot customer applications, and communicate effectively with customers/partners. Provide Traffic Controller/Cabinet product training to internal and external audiences. Work closely with the rest of the Engineering team and provide inputs on product performance in the field.
We are seeking someone with a strong Traffic Engineering background, a deep understanding of traffic management products and applications, and a passion for customer support.
• Provide specialized technical support for Econolite’s Traffic Controller and Cabinet products.
• Working within the Engineering organization, support the technical field support team consisting of customer care professionals on day-to-day product support needs. Act as the dedicated liaison between Engineering and the field support team.
• Apply strong domain knowledge to analyze, document, investigate, and resolve customer issues, while ensuring timely customer communication and managing customer expectations.
• Follow customer support policies and procedures, and keep the database of customer tickets constantly updated and refreshed.
• Work closely with Econolite’s sales and distributor personnel, including Account Managers and Field Service Representatives, providing them all the necessary technical assistance and helping in the evaluation of product specifications and applications engineering.
• Assist with internal and external Traffic Controller/Cabinet product training.
• Provide inputs on the development of Application Notes, Engineering Bulletins, and Technical Manuals.
• A 4-year technical degree, preferably in Civil (transportation) or Electrical Engineering, or evidence of equivalent relevant technical experience
• 3+ years of experience in the installation and troubleshooting of traffic management systems and equipment
• Advanced knowledge of the configuration and use of traffic controllers, and demonstrated experience in traffic operations and signal timing
• Advanced knowledge of different traffic cabinet configurations and system topologies
• Knowledge of IP networking, network devices like routers and switches, and networking tools
• Experience with different operating systems (Linux, VxWorks, Windows)
• Experience in testing and troubleshooting software and hardware products, documenting issues, and getting them resolved
• Excellent customer relationship skills, and written/verbal communication skills
• Experience performing signal turn-ons, troubleshooting field issues, or signal timing updates
Ability to travel as requested to meet business needs (Colorado Springs, CO, Tecate, MX, or customer locations) DISCLAIMER The above statements are intended to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. They are not designed to contain or be interpreted as an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, skills, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
We conform to all the laws, statutes, and regulations concerning equal employment opportunities and affirmative action. We strongly encourage women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and veterans to apply to all of our job openings. We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin, age, disability status, Genetic Information & Testing, Family & Medical Leave, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
We prohibit Retaliation against individuals who bring forth any complaint, orally or in writing, to the employer or the government, or against any individuals who assist or participate in the investigation of any complaint or otherwise oppose discrimination.
An Equal Opportunity Employer - M/F/D/V - Non-Smoking Facility - Drug Free Workplace.
By submitting an application for employment, I the applicant, certify that all of the above information (including resume and other attachments) is true and correct to the best of my knowledge. I authorize Econolite to request information from my previous employers and school officials and I release all concerned from any liability for furnishing such information. In the event of employment, I understand that willful omission, falsification or misrepresentation may constitute grounds for termination. It should be remembered, that employment is the mutual consent of Econolite and the employee. Consequently, either the employee or the Econolite can terminate the relationship “at will.”
In consideration of my employment, I agree to conform to all of the policies, rules and standards of the Company. I understand and agree to submit to a drug-screening and background check as part of a conditional offer of employment, and any other lawful pre-employment screening tests. I also understand that an offer of employment by the Company is conditional upon successfully passing a company-provided medical examination/drug screen and background screen. I understand that my refusal to take the medical examination/drug screen will cause the contingent offer of employment to be withdrawn and/or terminated if employed.
Employer will assist with relocation costs.
Econolite® is an innovator of Intelligent Transportation System (ITS) solutions, products, and services. Econolite is committed to employing advanced technologies that reduce travel time, ease congestion, enhance transit operations, provide safer mobility, and improve quality of life. The company's mission and brand promise reflect its unwavering commitment to providing transportation agencies with solutions that increase roadway efficiencies.