American Geotechnical & Environmental Services (A.G.E.S.), Inc. provides professional geotechnical services for public and private clients throughout PA, NJ, MD, DE, DC, VA and WV. Founded in 1995 A.G.E.S., Inc. has grown to be the largest specialty geotechnical consultant in Northeastern US. We have been involved in the design of infrastructure projects with construction costs of over $11+ billion in the last 24+ years. We currently have a staff of over 60 employees of which there are 25 geotechnical professional engineers, six professional geologists, seven Ph.D's and 30+ test boring inspectors.Our high standards for quality, business ethics, and concern for the communities we live in and support, are a vital part of who we are. A.G.E.S., Inc. has the following opportunity available in our Pittsburgh headquarters:
Project Manager / Senior Geotechnical Engineer. You must have a minimum of 10 plus years experience, excellent writing, analytical, communication, and computer skills. Professional Engineer required. This is an excellent career opportunity for an enthusiastic and talented individual to join a team of outstanding professionals. This position offers potential for professional growth, a great working environment, and the opportunity to help our clients solve their most challenging problems.
- Prepare or oversee the geotechnical related design for major infrastructure transportation projects
- Provide technical guidance and oversees the geotechnical engineering analyses and evaluations
- Prepare or oversee the development of Subsurface Exploration Planning Submissions, Foundation Recommendation Reports and other geotechnical related reports.
- Manage geotechnical and construction phase observation and testing field work performed by others
- Coordinate with the client and other Project Managers.
- Prepare and/or oversee the development of schedules and budget requirements.
- Serve as a technical adviser to project level and junior-level project team members.
- Develop geotechnical engineering scope of services and fee estimates
- Perform project management activities including communicating resource needs, planning and delegating work, management of project budgets, invoicing and backlog reporting
- Manage client relationships and business development opportunities
- Manage and mentor project and staff level engineers
Required Skills & Required Experience
BS in Civil Engineering (MS & PhD in Geotechnical Engineering preferred)
10+ years of experience with State DOT Projects (PennDOT and/or PA Turnpike Commission projects preferred)
Experience in the use of AASHTO and State DOT design procedures
Current PE license in Pennsylvania and other states
Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Strong leadership skills and the willingness to work in a team environment
Positive attitude and the ability to multi-task
Strong work ethic and a desire for continual self-improvement
Ability to thrive in a collaborative team environment
Confidence and independence, with a shared sense of responsibility
Effective time management and interpersonal skills
Proficient in the use of LPile, GRLweap, DRIVEN and SLIDE.
Experience with structure related foundation design for transportation projects including: Roadways, Bridges, Runways, Transit, Retaining Walls, Culverts, Reinforced Soil Slopes, Temporary Shoring, Sign Structures, Construction Specifications, Shop Drawing Review
Additional Salary Information: 40 hours a week. Overtime is paid. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and we value workplace diversity. We invite resumes from all interested parties including women, minorities, veterans and persons with disabilities. A.G.E.S., Inc. is a Drug Free Workplace. No visa sponsorship provided. For more information about the firm, please visit www.agesinc.com.
Additional Salary Information: Please check out our employee benefits at http://www.agesinc.com/default_files/Page6455.htm.
About American Geotechnical & Environmental Services, In
American Geotechnical & Environmental Services Inc.