Electrical - Control Systems, Electrical Engineering
4 Year Degree
Given that our client base has grown substantially over the past few years, we find that we have a need for a Lighting Controls Engineer to join our staff. Our new office suite, in the heart of Federal Hill, provides a beautiful environment in which to support our employees and welcome our guests.
For a candidate to be successful with our company in this role, we are seeking the following skills and knowledge:
1. The Lighting Controls Engineer:
Provides control system layout and specification services and advice.
Performs bid “takeoffs” and quotations for lighting control projects.
Assists on sales calls to Architectural and Engineering firms, as required.
Has a detailed understanding of the controls systems being ordered and the ability to communicate those details clearly to customers; and may read blue prints/drawings and interpret lighting structures within them.
Represents the company by providing excellent customer service to both external and internal customers and managing complex problem resolution as well as day to day issues with professionalism.
Maintains professionalism in stressful situations and reflects an appropriate company image at all times during work hours.
2. PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: The physical requirements required to perform this position include:
the ability to lift up to 25 pounds,
the ability to carry packages of up to 25 pounds short distances,
and the ability to sit, stand, walk, reach and stoop for extended periods of time.
3. Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship.
Requirements and preferences for hire are, as follows:
1. A Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Electrical Technology or Architectural Engineering. 2. Five plus years’ experience in the engineering and design of lighting control systems. 3. Experience using Computer Aided Design and Drafting software (AutoCAD, MicroStation). 4. Customer service skills that allow for communicating details clearly to customers. 5. The ability to read blue prints/drawings and interpret lighting structures within them. Knowledge of electrical codes as they apply to lighting and lighting control systems. 6. Clear communication, both written and verbal, and good time management and organizational skills are required.
1. Experience with Building Information Modeling (BIM-Autodesk Revit). 2. An EIT or Licensed professional Engineer (PE) with the ability to work in: MD, VA and DC.
Our Control Department is an integral part of our customer service and sales teams. Team members may be asked to travel to a client to explain and demonstrate our lighting control systems. Professionalism is presumed.
Additional Salary Information: Our benefits package includes: free parking, gym equipment & shower facilities, health, dental and vision coverages, 401K with up to 4% salary match, self-managed paid time off and a competitive salary just to name a few. Please forward your resume and cover letter with your salary needs noted.
About Lighting Environments
Lighting Environments represents world premier lighting manufacturers. Our team of experts delivers personalized advisory and sales services with a human touch to create a memorable experience. We offer this in the Maryland, Virginia and Washington, DC areas.