Electrical - Control Systems, Electrical Engineering
4 Year Degree
At Phoenix Contact, we strive to develop 'trusting partnerships' with our customers. By focusing on the unique requirements of our U.S. customers, we constantly expand our products and solutions with inspiring innovations. We offer the broadest line of interconnection, interface and automation solutions, and constantly strive to be the best supplier in our industry.
We are currently looking for a Transportation Infrastructure Business Development Manager who will be responsible for business growth in target market verticals defined as, but not limited to, Highway and Tunnel related Intelligent Transportation Systems with a focus on Tunnels and Bridges. This position is OPEN TO ANYWHERE IN THE US
This position requires sound knowledge of the UL, ANSI, NFPA502, and RP22-11 standards related to roads, tunnels, bridges and other limited access infrastructure. The candidate must have excellent knowledge of lighting technologies and control systems. Have the ability to propose a design, develop and deploy solutions supporting lighting and control products in tunnel and infrastructure application. This position supports field sales personnel by providing application insight and training, sharing marketing knowledge, transferring product expertise, joint account development and business growth initiatives.
RESPONSIBILITIES: ·Develop and Implement a market specific Tactical Action Plan for growth of assigned Tunnel and Highway Infrastructure accounts in the continental USA ·Propose and support tunnel lighting solutions based on ANSI, RP22-11 guidelines ·Develop solution based opportunities for related control, power and communication products ·Identify the Design Firms, DOTs, System Integrators and stakeholders in tunnel projects, and work with them through design and implementation phases of the projects ·Work with field sales personnel to develop new accounts and relationships, as well as maintain existing relationships ·Ability to understand the engineering drawings and interpret them to develop hardware solutions ·Contribute to and build on existing business plan targeted at key customers ·Support and attend conferences, industrial association meetings and trade shows to raise The Company profile in the Transportation Infrastructure market segments ·Continually improve short- and long-term strategic plans ·Develop and lead new programs and campaigns in assigned segments ·Provide mentoring, and support the career development of field sales personnel and other staff as appropriate ·Identify technology companies and develop partnerships with them to grow business
Displays proficiency in the following global competencies:
· Initiative – the understanding of what action needs to be taken and completing these tasks while seeking the perspective of others. ·Comprehensive Thinking (Personal Credibility) – taking personal responsibility for mistakes; does what he/she commits to and is honest and forthright. ·Collaboration – works as a team player to make a difference within the business and expresses gratitude and appreciation to others who have provided information, assistance and support. ·Willingness to Learn – handles change through taking advantage of lifelong learning opportunities and is open minded and curious to face new challenges.
·Bachelor of Science in Engineering discipline or proven equivalent background in applications, sales and marketing of industrial automation and control products in highways and infrastructure ·Minimum of 8 years’ experience in technical support, sales and business development role ·Knowledge of Transportation Infrastructure industry ·Be a strategic thinker and an effective communicator at all levels within the organization both verbally and in writing ·Excellent organizational and prioritizing skills
Telecommuting is allowed.
Internal Number: 2018-USSUB-050,051
About Phoenix Contact
Phoenix Contact develops and manufactures industrial electrical and electronic technology products that power, protect, connect and automate systems and equipment. Our products are used in many industries, including:
• Machine building
• Power generation
• Oil and gas
• And many others
"At Phoenix Contact, we strive to develop 'trusting partnerships' with our customers. By focusing on the unique requirements of our U.S. customers, we constantly expand our products and solutions with inspiring innovations. We offer the broadest line of interconnection, interface and automation solutions, and constantly strive to be the best supplier in our industry."
- Jack Nehlig, President, Phoenix Contact USA
A global company
• Phoenix Contact global sales exceeded 2.2 billion euro ($2.5 billion) in 2017.
• Founded in Germany in 1923
• 16,500 employees in more than 50 international subsidiaries
With a local presence
• Phoenix Contact USA, one of the first international subsidiaries, founded in 1981
• More than 800 employees in the U.S., including about 600 at U.S. headquarters near Harrisburg, Pa.
• U.S. headquarters is home to manufacturing an...d distribution center
• By bringing production and logistics closer to our customers, we provide shorter lead times, easier on-site reviews, faster response and increased flexibility to our U.S. customers