We are seeking a candidate to plan, organize and supervise professional and technical engineering operations and staff or consultants for the Public Works Department. This includes development and/or review of traffic engineering studies, designs, plans, and other various related design elements associated with public transportation infrastructure and facilities. This position may also participate in the review of engineering submittals associated with public and private improvements within the county, for compliance with applicable standards and regulations.
Experience: Minimum of ten (10) years of increasingly responsible professional civil engineering experience.
Education and Training: Bachelor's degree in civil engineering from an accredited college or university.
License or Certificate:
Current registration as a Professional Engineer (PE) in the State of Colorado is required.
Registration as a Certified Floodplain Manager preferred.
Must possess, or have the ability to obtain, a valid Colorado Driver's License.
Background Check: Must pass a criminal background check.
Additional Salary Information: An amazing benefits package is offered including free on-site medical clinics, free on-site work out facilities, free parking and much more!
Internal Number: 03481
About Adams County Government
Be a Part of Something Great
We hire exceptional people and give them a multitude of top-notch opportunities to grow, expand their capabilities and reach their full potential. We invest in their education and development, resulting in experienced, intelligent and dedicated colleagues. Adams County has a customer service-focused culture that offers employees exciting and dynamic challenges to build successful careers they can be proud of, now and in the future. We are committed to hiring people who value a positive work environment, servant leadership, teamwork, transparency, and credibility.
Adams County is located in the northern metropolitan area of Denver. It ranks among the top five largest counties in the state and is projected to be the fastest growing county in the metro Denver area over the next two decades. With a population close to 450,000 residents, it is home to the cities of Brighton, Commerce City, Federal Heights, Northglenn and Thornton; the town of Bennett and portions of Arvada, Aurora, Lochbuie and Westminster. The county offers a professional business climate, a diverse labor pool, affordable land, a wide range of housing opportunities and community ...amenities and boasts a high quality of life for residents.
While employees have their own unique reasons for working here, we've given the matter some serious thought. After talking to a range of people from new employees to long-term employees, below are some common reasons employees give for working for Adams County:
• Challenging and rewarding work
• Collaborative team environment
• Employee recognition programs
• Enviable holiday / vacation benefits
• Fair and thorough recruitment process
• Friendly and helpful coworkers
• Generous salary and benefit package
• Growing county and community
• Only 20 minutes from Denver
• Stable organization with a 100-year history
• Effective sustainability and environmental responsibility
• Valuable health and wellness programs
• Wide range of career opportunities and advancement potential
Benefits of Adams County
Adams County provides a comprehensive benefit package to part-time employees (30-39 hours per week) and regular full-time employees (40 hours per week). Our benefit package includes the following:
• Aflac Supplemental Medical Insurance
• Basic Term Life Insurance Policy
• Credit Union Membership
• Deferred Compensation Plan
• Dental Plans
• Elective Employee Benefit Programs
• Employee Assistance Programs (EAP)
• Employee Training and Management Development
• Flexible Spending Cafeteria Plan
• Long Term Disability Policy
• Medical Plans
• Onsite Medical Clinic
• Onsite Workout Center
• Optional Term Life Insurance
• Recreation Center Discounts
• Retirement Plan
• Tuition Reimbursement Program
• Vision Plan
• Wellness Program