Our Mission-To be the Best Rotational Company in the World. Our experience, our technical expertise, our financial strength, our geographic locations and our ability to do what we say we’re going to do continue to be keys to the success of our mission. Headquartered in North Liberty, Iowa Centro, Inc. operates 9 manufacturing facilities and employs over 950 Associates.
Centro offers competitive salary, benefits, and a great culture. Our goal is to provide you the opportunity to realize your potential and to succeed in your work while you make valuable contributions to our profitability and growth.
Quality, Delivery & Service It is not a differentiator but an expectation.We understand that Quality, Delivery and Service are conditions of doing business. Nevertheless, our performance in this arena is second to none.
Quality and Delivery Excellence-Where good processes are in place, quality and delivery excellence naturally follows. In our quest to be the best, Centro has established state-of-the-art processes in all areas of our business to insure that you are receiving the very best product possible.
The Quality Plant Manager will plan and implement QA department activities in order to meet or exceed plant and customer expectations. Lead and mentor the QA department and Plant in order to support the plant and customer requirements. Develop and Improve Centro’s QMS and drive Corrective action to address nonconformance’s.
Relevance and Importance of this Position at Centro, Inc.
Centro and Centro’s customers rely heavily on the Quality Assurance function to provide assurance that customer’s needs and requirements are being met. This assurance comes as systems are implemented, followed and audited. The Quality Manager is looked upon as mentor / leader / coach for the plant in areas of Continuous Improvement, Quality & Six Sigma Tools, along with QMS.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
1. Manage and monitor total quality activities to ensure that products comply with defined specifications and standards.
2. Ensure that customer complaints are addressed in a controlled and expedient fashion, to the satisfaction of the customer. With all remedial actions implemented to prevent further occurrences.
3. Work closely with the Operations, Plant Quality and PE groups to drive quality initiatives, improvements and assist in the maintenance and development of the quality management system and procedures to meet customer requirements.
4. Facilitate the internal audits, corrective/preventive, document and data control programs.
5. Perform capability and other statistical studies on products and processes.
6. Develop a skilled team through training, performance measurement and feedback.
7. Monitor, participate and facilitate teams for continuous improvement, product development, FMEA development, Control plan development, Supplier programs, etc.
8. Support Six Sigma and Lean Manufacturing initiatives by participating on teams as a subject matter expert, and facilitate project teams in improvement efforts focused on improved quality, increased throughput, and cost control.
9. Assist in the continual development and maintenance of the Quality Standards; ISO9000
10. Conduct process audits in conjunction with existing quality team to identify non-conforming and recommendations for improvement where necessary to assure quality products.
11. Root cause analysis to issue resolution and closure.
12. Maintain a climate of consistency, trust and employee involvement
13. Provide effective communication link with all individuals and work groups across the department.
14. Address obstacles to Key Performance Indicators (KPIs).
15. Other duties may be assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
1. Bachelors of Science in a technical, science or engineering discipline; material science or chemistry required.
2. ASQ CQM / OE or CQE preferred
3. A minimum of 7-10 years previous experience working a quality related field. This may include quality systems (ISO9000, TS16949, etc.), quality control, six sigma and testing labs.
4. A minimum 7-10 years previous experience in SPC, six sigma, design of experiments, quality planning, project engineering, product testing, auditing and hypothesis testing.
5. Must have strong computer skills with Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Visio, Project, Minitab, etc.)
6. Must have the ability to manage multiple task and objectives as well as take on multiple roles to meet the business needs.
7. Ability to work with minimum direction.
8. Practical audit and statistical analysis skills.
9. Excellent leading, interpersonal, planning and organizing, time management and effective oral and written communication skills.
10. Ability to engage, develop, and lead work groups to reach their maximum potential in achieving both short-term and long-term desired outcomes of the department.
11. Ability to create a cooperative, safe, and productive work environment that seeks input from each worker.
12. Ability to interpret and diagnose problems, accumulate significant data, seek contributions, sort data, and initiate actions to prevent or overcome problems.
13. Must possess strong analytical thinking skills and use logic, math, formal problem solving techniques and data analysis tools to provide guidance and reach solutions.
14. Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an Associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Must be able to see, hear, speak, read and write sufficiently for effective interpersonal communications required to accomplish essential job functions. Must be able to receive, comprehend and apply detailed information, judge depth accurately, distinguish color and variances visually and read measurements. Must be able to walk, stand for long periods and have hand, arm and body dexterity sufficient to reach, bend, stoop, manipulate, grasp, feel and periodically lift and carry materials up to 50 pounds.
Work Environment and Schedule
Work is performed primarily in an office environment, with some periodic exposure to a manufacturing environment with temperatures ranging from 55-100 degrees F. Normal work schedule is Monday through Friday, 8 AM – 5 PM, with some potential for occasional variances depending on departmental workload. Periodic travel to all Centro facilities, customers, vendor sites, and conferences including overnight stays, may be required. Will allocate sufficient time to accomplish all job responsibilities in a timely manner.
A preemployment physical and drug screen is required.
Centro is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
About Centro Incorporated
Today, our values and beliefs are described by our mission to "Be The Best Rotational Molding Company in the World". We are focused on long-term partnering relationships with our customers through the delivery of the best value possible from initial concept to final product. We understand that delivering quality products on time is a prerequisite for doing business with our customers and we deliver on that every day. We also excel beyond the fundamentals by understanding what's most important to you and finding a way to make it happen.
At Centro, we believe it is important to maintain the unique small company atmosphere while offering the benefits and advantages of a larger company to our associates and business partners. Whether it is reaching for new innovations, expanding our geographic locations, improving our information systems technology, finding ways to reduce costs or any number of new ways to work together, we are committed to exceeding your expectations.
The Centro Way defines how we insist on strong relationships and value our Associates, customers, vendors, suppliers and the community. Our culture and business philosophy are deeply rooted in Centro's humble beginnings.