The Simulation Program Manager will report to the Director of Simulation. This position is a supervisory position responsible for educational program operations within the Zamierowski Institute for Experiential Learning (ZIEL). This position requires a motivated and flexible individual who can apply a strong understanding of relevant clinical and educational systems, as well as expertise in logistic and personnel management, to coordinate and optimize simulation delivery within ZIEL.
70% Oversight of Simulation Programming: Apply expertise in the management of logistics, teams, and processes, along with a strong understanding of the clinical, educational and technical aspects of simulation, to coordinate and optimize simulation delivery within ZIEL. Although the Simulation Manager may not have extensive technical expertise, he/she will be working closely with the Senior Simulation Technologist to train and coordinate efforts of the operations team, which will include technical staff, clinical teaching assistants, embedded simulation persons and others.
- Work closely with the Director of Simulation Curriculum and Professional Development to optimize continuity between simulation design and delivery.
- Provide oversight and management of the entire workflow of simulation delivery. This includes coordination with content-experts and participants, event preparation (e.g. moulage development; supply management), simulation delivery (e.g. staff and equipment assignment), event reporting/evaluation.
- Establish workflow that supports continuity and sustainability of recurring programming delivered with a high level of consistency and quality.
- Work with the Senior Simulation Technologist to select, train and assign ZIEL personnel who form the operations team (technical staff, graduate teaching assistants, and other human resources) to specific simulation projects.
- In addition to operational oversight of team members, work with the Director of Simulation Curriculum and Professional Development and the senior simulation technologist to provide supervision, mentoring and development for the operations team.
- Contribute to development and delivery of simulation instructor training for faculty and staff as this relates to technical aspects of simulation.
- Maintain an adequate working knowledge of the technical and audiovisual aspects of simulation programming to contribute to the development and oversight of processes related to the selection, utilization, and maintenance of this equipment.
- Coordinate and support preparations for course curriculum, in conjunction with administrative personnel.
30% Administrative: In partnership with the administrative team, develop and/or refine administrative systems to support simulation programming. Once developed, the Simulation Manager will provide primary oversight of these systems including:
- Scheduling of events by Simulation Coordinator in partnership with user groups and participants and according to the priorities set by ZIEL leadership and the Simulation Executive Committee.
- Communication and coordination with partners of ZIEL including programs, content-experts, and participants.
- Capture and reporting of simulation program data as required by the Administrative, Curriculum, and Research & Assessment units of ZIEL. This may include paper or electronic collection before, during, or after events, and includes (when appropriate) the processing and transfer of data to be used for reporting, program evaluation, quality assurance, education, and research.
- Maintain and archive (confidential) records of simulations.
- Contribute to creating policies and procedures for ZIEL that align with accreditation standards for Society for Simulation in Healthcare, American College of Surgery, and other relevant accrediting bodies.
Perform other duties as assigned.
KU Medical Center is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disability status, or genetic information.
To learn more and apply online, please visit http://jobs.kumc.edu/postings/14750 or go to https://jobs.kumc.edu/ and search for position number J0200521.
*Applications must be submitted directly through the KU Medical Center website to be considered for this position. Any applications submitted via email or this website will NOT be reviewed or considered.
About KU Medical Center:
The University of Kansas Medical Center’s mission is to educate exceptional health care professionals through a full range of undergraduate, graduate, professional, postdoctoral and continuing education programs in the schools of Medicine, Nursing and Health Professions. KU Medical Center also advances the health sciences through world-class research programs; provides compassionate and state-of-the-art patient care in an academic medical center environment; and works with communities in every Kansas county to improve the health of Kansans. Learn more at www.kumc.edu.
KU Medical Center proudly offers a competitive and comprehensive benefits package through the state of Kansas, with flexible options designed to meet the diverse needs of our faculty and staff. To learn more about our options for medical, vision, dental and other insurances, as well as our generous time off policies and retirement options, please visit http://www.kumc.edu/human-resources/benefitsrewards.html.