NBBJ is guided by a vision to design for life. We are an award-winning global design and architecture firm, a creative company fueled by ideas, and a place where everyone is empowered to contribute to creating a better practice. Recognized as one of the world’s most innovative architecture firms by Fast Company, we have partnered with some of the world’s leading companies and institutions—Google, the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, Stanford University and Massachusetts General Hospital, among many others—to set new standards for performance, organizational culture, health and wellness, and technology- and data-driven design. This is an excellent opportunity for you to join NBBJ Seattle in a Senior Lighting Designer role. Are you are passionate about lighting, able to manage multiple projects at one time, oversee and mentor junior lighting designers, and collaborate with project teams? Are you a master in developing solutions to complex problems on varied project types and sizes, understand the project’s deliverables, financial constraints, and the delivery plan to execute the design work? Interested in joining a growing independent lighting design studio within a global design firm? If so, we would like to meet you.
Your New Role:
- Responsible for the overall design vision, delivery, and execution of the lighting for large scale and complex projects.
- Provide project designers with guidance, expertise, management, and encouragement.
- Account for design decisions and project outcomes.
- Participate in presentations directly to both the architectural team as well as external clients.
- Execute project plans and fulfill contracted scope and deliverables.
- Coordinate with the lighting studio core team to ensure appropriate balance of workload within the studio.
- Lead design and technical delivery in addition to quality control efforts for projects.