STV, Inc. is seeking dynamic Plumbing/Fire Protection Engineers to join our Buildings and Facilities team in multiple locations: Philadelphia, PA, Douglassville, PA and NY, NY. Key responsibilities will include the planning and preparation of Plumbing and Fire Protection designs, calculations, reports, equipment selection and specification writing for building and facilities projects. Additional responsibilities will include monitoring of work for compliance with applicable codes, working with and mentoring junior staff, meeting with clients to discuss project matters and making recommendations when necessary based on the clients’ needs.
• Successful candidate will have 7-10 years of relevant experience designing wide variety of facilities for commercial, industrial, educational, laboratory, residential, institutional and governmental projects.
• The experience should be with all of the systems associated with Plumbing and Fire Protection as indicated under required skills.
• The candidate should be experienced with the survey and recording of existing systems.
• Focused experience with industrial projects, state agency projects, and/or local municipal projects is a plus. Good planning, organizational and communications skills are necessary for success in this position.
• Candidate will have at least a Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering, successful completion of the Fundamental’s Exam (FE) and either a current PE license or plans to take the exam.
• The candidate should be knowledgeable in the design of domestic water, drainage, compressed air, vacuum, and natural gas systems.
• Candidate shall have an understanding of fire protection design, NFPA and Building Codes, and capable of conducting sprinkler system hydraulic calculations.
• Laboratory plumbing design of specialty gas systems experience is a plus.
• The ideal candidate will be proficient in AutoCAD and familiar with REVIT.
• A candidate with experience in using Microstation and Bentley 3D is a plus. LEED AP, CPD, or NICET certifications are preferred but not required.
STV is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities.
STV is an award-winning professional firm consistently ranking among the country's top companies in education, corrections, highways, bridges, rail and mass transit sectors. As an employee-owned firm, this success is the direct result of our employees' commitment to innovation and quality. Throughout the United States and Canada, STV’s professional, technical and support personnel offer services to a broad and expanding client base.